Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Denmark

I flew in to Denmark on Sunday, together with my coauthor and collaborator Robert Wolpert, into the town of Aalborg. I gave my talk at the University of Aalborg today, but on Monday and Tuesday I was in Skagen on the north coast, where my host Jesper Møller has a house.

He showed us around in the morning before we got to work, and we visited an intriguing piece of the coastline where the oceans Skagerrak and Kattegat collide. There are two sets of waves moving in different directions colliding just a few meters off the shoreline. Very cool. (That's Jesper in the background of the picture below--he had wading boots, Robert and I did not!)


Yesterday we also saw the largest sand dune in Denmark, the Råbjerg Mile, a nice climb. Today we were at the University, meeting people and each of us gave a talk. The weather's been relatively kind to us, with the occasional rain storm, but also a lot of sun. Here's hoping that continues!

No comments: